What’s your favorite app?
What’s your favority app? Let’s approach this discussion question with a brief overview of the state of app development industry.
To say apps are proliferating exponentially may be an understatement. The growth extends from the multitude of startups kluging together the cheesiest games to cloud-based SaaS developers vying to serve enterprises of all shapes and sizes.
Then there are the distributors. The Apple App Store boasts over 1.2 million apps resulting in 75 billion downloads, and sees 300 million visits per week. As of June 2014, there were 9 million iOS registered developers, up 47 percent from last year. And that’s just Apple.
In the B2B space, companies like Barcelona-based GetApp provides a global marketplace for business apps with reviews, evaluations, categorization and exposure. The company now works with 2,500+ SaaS and Cloud software vendors since bootstrapping in 2010.
All that said, it’s amazing that comparatively few apps reach stardom like Instagram, Google Drive, Spotify, MyFitnessPal, and so on. And fewer still become our favorites, either for business purposes, pleasure, or both. So rather than the usual top-whatever menu, we’re asking you to answer in the comment field below: What is your favorite app and why?
- Best Apps and Software of 2014 – So I Say – Chris Brogan Blog
- Number of apps available in leading app stores as of July 2014 – Statista
- iTunes App Store Now Has 1.2 Million Apps, Has Seen 75 Billion Downloads To Date – TechCrunch
- There Are Officially Too Many Apps, And Nobody Is Making Money – ValleyWag
- Developer Economics Q3 2014: State of the Developer Nation – Developer Economics
What are your favorite business, entertainment, personal, or whatever apps and why? Have any become integral to your career? Do you find yourself downloading and experimenting with new apps as they become available, or are you loyal to the apps you’ve found to be tried and true?