Seven Instances to Consider a Business Name Change
Globally speaking, every hour of every day, a major corporation is forced to change its name, according to Naseem Javed, syndicated columnist and author of Naming for Power. Here are seven reasons when to seriously consider a name change:
- Name is similar or identical to thousands of others.
- Name is too old to convey today?s dynamics.
- The creative spelling of a name requires a higher IQ.
- More money is spent in explaining the origin of a name.
- Corporation does not own a trademark with an identical dot.com.
- Name is embarrassing or profane in a foreign language.
- Name is too long, difficult, confusing, complicated or boring.
Moderator Comment: How important is a retailer’s company
name in communicating a distinct market identity?
There are numerous CPG companies and retailers that should
consider a name change based on Mr. Javed’s criteria. [George
Anderson – Moderator]