Sephora adds choices and personalization to rewards program
Sephora has updated its Beauty Insider rewards program, adding more choices and personalization.
The first change is providing members with choices around birthday gifts. Insiders (free to join) gain two gift options while VIB ($350 annual spend) and Rouge ($1,000 annual spend) get four gift options.
The third gift option for VIB and Rouge members is available via the new, online Birthday Boutique during the member’s birthday months with the gifts changing throughout the year. The fourth option for VIB and Rouge members is to opt to add 250 bonus points to their accounts in lieu of the free birthday gift.
Sephora is also providing other rewards flexibility to VIB or Rouge members. Any member who already is, or becomes, a VIB or Rouge in 2019 may choose one of three benefits for the year, beginning mid-January:
- Points: Rouge members can add 750 points to their account and VIB can add 500 points;
- Shareable Makeovers: Rouge members may opt to share four Makeup Deluxe Full-Face Makeover experiences with friends (valued at $200) over the year, while VIB members may keep or share two ($100 value);
- Free shipping: Rouge members may choose free Flash (two-day) shipping, while VIB members may elect to receive free shipping for orders over $35.
“Not only are we offering more rewards, but we are offering more choice at every rewards moment to make her journey feel personal,” said Andrea Zaretsky, SVP of CRM and Loyalty for Sephora, in a statement.
Components of the program remaining the same include the Point Multiplier: Insiders receive 1 point per $1 spent, VIB members receive 1.25 points per $1 and Rouge members receive 1.5 points per $1. VIB and Rouge members can redeem their points for full-size products monthly, while Rouge members can redeem 2,500 points for a $100 gift card. Rouge members also gain early access to product and invites to exclusive events.
- Sephora Refreshes Its Beauty Insider Program to Offer More Choices Than Ever Before – Sephora/Business Wire
- Beauty Insider – Sephora
- Inside Sephora’s first major Beauty Insider upgrade in 5 years – Glossy
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: Do you see the upgrades to Sephora’s Beauty Insider helping to personalize the program for members? Will members find so many choices beneficial or confusing?