drugstore.com inc. Reports Results
drugstore.com, inc., a leading Internet retailer of health, beauty, wellness, personal care and pharmacy products, showed marked progress on its path to profitability, surpassing earlier estimates for the quarter. It experienced significant improvement during the first quarter of 2001, and improved upon its seasonally strong fourth quarter 2001 sales and pro forma loss results.
“By delivering a valuable service, combined with a unique and personalized shopping experience we are growing a loyal base of customers who are demonstrating their loyalty with their orders,” says drugstore.com, inc. President and CEO Kal Raman. The company anticipates that it can become EBITDA positive during 2003.
Operational Highlights for First Quarter of 2002
- Entered into a two-year marketing partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts that will offer special promotions on health and beauty aids and 30-day prescription pharmacy services to their 2.4 million members.
- Added an assortment of Rite Aid private label products.
- Re-launched a streamlined Home Page.
- Launched the drugstore.com Baby Store in response to the pending Baby Boom this summer.
Moderator Comment: Are e-commerce capabilities a competitive
necessity for drugstores today? [George
Anderson – Moderator]
- drugstore.com inc. Exceeds Expectations and Continues Progress to Profitability With Strong First Quarter – drugstore.com