David BiernbaumFounder & President, David Biernbaum & Associates LLC
DAVID BIERNBAUM is a consultant, master broker, national retail sales and business development professional, and marketing expert for consumer goods in the mass markets.
Since 1977, is a consumer packaged goods professional in the field of marketing, retail sales, broker management, and business development.
Has a far-reaching background and resilient career building equity for major consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies…
…And also several start up’s and young companies, with national brands, niche brands, licensed, private label, and all types of specialty brands in HBC, OTC, GM, Oral Care, Non-Foods, and consumer electronics.
- At (GSK) Beecham; led initial launch of Aquafresh toothpaste, a major global brand.
- National leadership and new licensing agreements elevated Zooth Inc. to its market dominance leading to it’s acquisition by the Gillette Co. and then Procter and Gamble.
- As Senior VP, led Vi-Jon Laboratories to become a major force in HBC private label leading to its highly profitable merger and industry dominance the company still builds on even today.
- At The Gillette Company’s Oral B Laboratories; led sales forces through high-impact maneuvers often shattering record sales and breaking competition.
- Highly successful development of several niche and specialty brands; examples include TheraBreath, Fresh & Go, Milkscreen nursing products, Mineral Ice, and others.
- For major national companies such as Abbott Laboratories and Beecham Products; led regional launches for brand names such as Selsun Blue, Murine, Faultless, Tronolane, Cling Free Sheets, Calgon, Massengill, and Fruit Fresh.
- As a transition consultant for a new owner at Medallion Foods; took over as interim president then re-staffed the company with great results and lasting success.
- As COO at Ultradata Systems, Inc; licensed travel information computers to companies such as Rand McNally, AAA, Lucent Technologies, etc.
- Launched several oral care products in the mass markets to raise funds for The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research organization.
David Biernbaum has written hundreds of columns for trade magazines such as MMR, Chain Drug Review, and PL Buyer, and currently David is a “BrainTrust” panel member at Retailwire.com, the very popular blog read every day by hundreds of retail executives.
Working directly with retail executives on numerous industry committees, David is also an instructor at colleges and he is a frequent speaker for industry seminars and panels.
Recently, David founded and developed the CPG Retail Professionals social networking group on LinkedIn. Services Performed:
- Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Consulting
- Master Broker: Chain Drug, Supermarket, Mass Merchandisers
- Complete All-In-One Sales/Management
- Hiring of all brokers nationwide and total broker management
- Expert sales presentation development
- Hands-On Retail Sales support
- Expert Consumer Goods Marketing
- Expertise with Market Analysis, Retail Planning, CPG Package Design, and Essential Sales materials.
- Comprehensive Business Planning
- Complete brand equity development
- Trade Shows development with expertise for ECRM, NACDS Marketplace, GMDC, and PLMA.
Consulting available by phone, e-mail, on-line. Consulting available at David’s office or client’s facility.Consumer Goods Marketing, National Retail Sales, and Business Development Specialist, and Consultant. Since 1977, outstanding success delivering brand-equity for client-companies, brokers, and retail partners, and more than 200 CPGs on today's shelves. HBC, OTC, Personal Care, etc., with bias for category expanders, superior technology, and premium pricing.