Also from Bob Phibbs...
The Retail Doctor
Bricks and Mortar Retailing at Risk in the Digital Age
A manifesto (URL)
Since 1994 companies worldwide have turned to Bob Phibbs, the Retail Doctor® for the passion and expertise necessary to grow their sales. A professional speaker and author, he has frequently been called on to provide commentary on Marketing and Branding for MSNBC.
* Worked with some of the largest retail brands in the world including Brother, Hunter Douglas, LEGO, OMEGA, Vera Bradley, Viking, and Yamaha.
* Retail consultant with a proven track record of increasing sales 20-50% within months.
* COO with a broad range of responsibilities creating a culture of exceptional experiences.
* CMO of second-fastest growing company in Los Angeles two years running.
* Built two successful businesses from scratch.
* Author of "You Can Compete: Double Sales Without Discounting"
* Author of "The Retail Doctor's Guide To Growing Your Business"
* Author of "Groupon: You Can't Afford It - Why Deep Discounts Are Bad for Business"
* Contributor AMEX Open Forum
Visit his blog at http://www.retaildoc.com/blog