Prior to the formation of DJL Research, David Livingston worked as a site location analyst for Scrivner, a grocery wholesaler/retailer in Oklahoma City from 1982 to 1986. From 1986 to 2003 he was the market research manager at Roundy’s in Pewaukee responsible for site location analysis and competitive intelligence. In the early 1990s he expanded his responsibilities to include consulting services. Now he is a full time consultant involved in a wide variety of projects. His clients include supermarket retailers, wholesalers, supermarket stock and bond investors, real estate investment trusts, investment bankers, law firms, other site location consulting firms, supermarket creditors, and urban renewal organizations.
Typical project include:
- Site analysis and sales forecasting for new supermarkets
- Gathering competitive intelligence data
- Competitive store impact studies
- Due diligence for acquisitions or investors
- Trade area definition and demographic analysis
- Litigation support for FTC issues
- Urban renewal for underserved inner city neighborhoods
- Geo-demographic analysis of loyalty card data
Mr. Livingston was selected by Associated Grocers - Baton Rouge to be the judge for their Symbol of Excellence Award in 2000. He is certified trained for ScanUS and MapInfo GIS mapping and demographic software and has over twenty years of experience using gravity sales forecasting models.
PO Box 742
Pewaukee, WI 53072